Instructions on how to build a SharePoint 2007 development machine using SharePoint 2007 with SP2, Windows Server 2008 R2, SQL Server 2008 R2, and Visual Studio 2008/2010.
Note: These instructions are a modified set of instructions originally based on a posting by Andreas Glaser.
This will create a single server installation for SharePoint development, with its own domain.
- Install Windows Server 2008 R2
- Configure Windows Server 2008 R2 as a Workstation
- Install antivirus software
- Run Windows Update to get all the critical and recommended updates
- Install Active Directory on Windows Server 2008 R2
- Creating Your SharePoint 2007 Domain Accounts
- Install Web Server (IIS7)
- Install SQL Server 2008 R2
- Install SharePoint 2007 with SP2
- Install Visual Studio 2008/2010
- SharePoint Development Tools and Utilities
- Windows Update
- Run Windows Update to get the latest updates for all the installed products.
- Backup Your Virtual Machine Image Now.
- I strongly suggest you backup your virtual machine image at this point. This will allow you to easily roll back to this point with everything installed, but with SharePoint not configured. This provides you with a virtual machine that has a fresh installation of SharePoint that you can configure as needed.
- Configure SharePoint 2007