SPDev: SharePoint Developer Utility
A free utility to help SharePoint developers be more productive developing SharePoint solutions.
- SPDev is a command line utility to help SharePoint developers be more productive. It began with the GenWS (Generate Web Services) operation and now provides a number of additional time-saving utilities. You will find a summary of the features in SPDev below.
- SPDev has no implied or explicit warranty.
- SPDev is not intended for use in production environments.
- SPDev has no official support.
- SPDev is available for free.
- Released: May 7, 2009
- The download and source code is available at CodePlex: SPDev on CodePlex
SPDev: Syntax Help
SPDev, 22.214.171.1243, Created by Mark Wagner
SPDev.exe Syntax Help:
SPDev.exe -o 
SPDev.exe -? | -help
Check for any orphaned features. (Features that are enabled but no longer
installed on the server/farm.
Registers or unregisters an assembly in the Global Assembly Cache. No
need to use (or hunt down) the GacUtil.exe. Faster.
Generates the SharePoint web service disco.aspx and wsdl.aspx files.
* No need to manually edit your .disco and .wsdl files to work with
SharePoint. This generates the final disco.aspx and wsdl.aspx files
Lists the timer jobs for the specified web application along with some
job definition details. Useful when trying to identify a job ID/GUID.
Recycles the IIS application pool using the web application URL instead
of requiring the application pool name, which can also be different among
different developer machines.
Restarts the Windows SharePoint Timer Server (SPTimerV3) service. Faster.
Configures the schedule for a timer job to run almost immediately, and
then restores original schedule.
Configures the schedule for a timer job.
SPDev.exe -help GenWS
SPDev.exe -help RecycleAppPool